It’s finally warm enough to tow your boat out of the garage, and lower it into the water! But first, have you made sure you are properly insured? Boats can be quite pricey, and an accident could be financially devastating. Here is some information about boat insurance that may be useful to you:
- Boat coverage will help protect you against the risk of sinking, fire, storms, theft, capsizing, stranding, collision, and explosion.
- The specific property that will be covered are anchors, oars, electric trolling motors, fuel tanks, tools, detachable canopies, seat cushions, life preservers, skis and tow ropes, and dinghies.
- Boat liability insurance will help protect you against a lawsuit if someone is injured while on your boat, or if your boat damages another individual’s boat.
- If you would like additional insurance for your boat, emergency service insurance, wreck removal coverage, and reasonable repairs insurance are all good to look into.
- If you have any other forms of watercraft such as jet skis, WaveRunners, or Seadoos, you may be interested in purchasing a personal watercraft insurance policy.
For any further questions regarding boat insurance, contact Unisource Insurance Associates, located in Wauwatosa!