February is nationally known as American Heart Awareness Month – Take action today!
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States. Every year, 1 in 4 deaths are caused by this condition. The month of February is dedicated to raising awareness about heart disease and increasing knowledge about prevention!
Heart disease can often be prevented when people make healthy choices and manage their health conditions. Communities, health professionals, and families can work together to create opportunities for people to make healthier choices and better their lifestyles!
Nationally, this month is dedicated to raising awareness about heart disease and the ways in which people can prevent it, both at home and in the community. Families, teachers, and doctors are all encouraged to promote better health choices to influence heart health, and here are just a few!
Improve Your Health With Your Knife & Fork
- Choose foods low in saturated fat, trans fat, and sodium. Use seasonings instead of salt.
- Reduce your consumption of red meat.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds.
- Go vegetarian or cut back on meat a few times a week.
- Cut out all sugary beverages.
- Exercise at least half an hour each day.
- Do cardio-intense workouts (jogging, running) and muscle-strengthening activities!
During this month, take the initiative to improve your health and heart whilst spreading awareness to those around you! After all, a happier heart will lead to healthier living and an improved quality of life!
Be sure to secure your insurance policies to help protect your finances and assets! Contact Unisource Insurance Associates for all of your insurance in Wauwatosa and the neighboring cities in Wisconsin!