Before the school bell rings, pick up these basics for your studying children.
Now that the autumn season is upon us, kids are going back to school and families are getting back into the swing of the new school term. If you’re like us and are still enjoying the last of the summer sunshine and holiday state-of-mind, you may be behind on getting your child ready for the new school season.
So that your child is well prepared for going back to school, be sure to pick up these essentials!
- Backpack – Your child will need a bag to store all of their books, notepads, lunch, and more! Choose a sturdy backpack in their favorite color.
- Bag of essentials – Every child should carry the essentials: band-aids, hand sanitizer, small change, and lip balm. Also, include your contact details for emergencies.
- Lunchbox – Instead of using wasteful paper bags or worse, plastic, use a fun Tupperware container to load up their lunch for the day.
- Reusable water bottle – School hours can seem long, and plenty of students get dehydrated walking from class to class. Pack a bottle of water for the day.
- Supportive shoes – Speaking of walking from class to class, your child will need comfortable shoes to keep them on their feet all day!
- Stationery – Pack pens, highlighters, pencils, and needed equipment, such as calculators. Don’t go overboard by packing every color of highlighter that you can find – two or three should do.
- Keys – Give your child a copy of house keys, bike keys, and add their locker key on there, too.
While you focus on preparing your child for heading back to school, allow the professionals at Unisource Insurance Associates to protect your family and financial future with reliable insurance policies. Visit us in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin today!