Smart business owners maintain insurance to protect from the ever-present cyber risk.
With the rise of technology comes a growing risk of data breaches and cyber liability lawsuits. While you may think your computers are safe behind locked doors, this is certainly not the case anymore.
Skilled hackers are now able to tap into devices within seconds, gaining instant access to sensitive data, emails, online bank accounts, employee records – the lot! The more you rely on your smartphone, tablet, and computers to store information digitally, the more vulnerable the data and your business.
If important information was to fall into the wrong hands, you could lose the business and trust of vendors, clients, guests, and your employees. Similarly, if someone was to comment on your website’s forum inappropriate content, not only would you be held liable but you could face staining your reputation.
Here are some smart ways in which you can protect your business’ reputation and data:
- On computers and all phones, enable a PIN code that must be entered at startup.
- Set another passcode or PIN that must be used to access private folders or software.
- Use secure apps and folders with an added key lock code or encryption software for extremely sensitive data.
- Do not use a public Wi-Fi when logging into bank accounts or entering secure information.
- Never click on suspicious links.
- Never save log in information on bank account apps or Payroll.
- Limit the number of comments that the public can post on your website’s forums.
- Practice internet safety with your employees!
- Limit the number of people who can access important data.
- Take out Cyber Liability Insurance.
Does your business store important information online, have a digital business, or work in online retail? When looking for the most protection for your business through Cyber Liability Insurance in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, cut out the time spent searching for quotes and policies.
Contact Unisource Insurance Associates for all of your insurance needs.