Enjoy this green dinner recipe when St. Patrick’s Day rolls around!
St Patrick’s Day is almost here – and that means everyone will throw on green t-shirts, red wigs, and enjoy all things green. To go with St. Patrick’s Day, we wanted to share a delicious and healthy recipe with you. When complete, it’s a green delight! Try this pea pesto pasta this St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1 1/2 cups packed basil
- 1/2 cup packed flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 cup green peas
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1 medium lemon, juiced (~2 Tbsp or 30 ml per lemon)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed arugula
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, salt generously, and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, prepare pesto. To a food processor, add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, and sea salt. Mix to combine. While the machine is running, stream in olive oil through the spout.
- Next add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Drain when noodles are ‘al dente’ and still have a slight bite to them.
- Heat a large saucepan or cast iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add olive oil, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant but not yet browned.
- Turn off heat and remove skillet from burner, then add cooked pasta and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a serving platter or mixing bowl and add 3/4 of pea pesto and the arugula. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm.