Chipotle Honey Chicken Tender and Sweet Potato Recipe
With the first day of school fast approaching, finding fast and healthy recipes can help keep your schedule a little less hectic. This chipotle honey chicken tender and sweet potato recipe requires a little prepping the night before, but will take less than an hour to make on a busy night. To enjoy this meal, you will need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 chipotles in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
Then you will need to:
- 24 hours before you are planning on eating, mix together 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, chilies, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Pour the marinade into a large Ziploc bag. Rinse the chicken tenders, pat dry, and trim off any fat. Place the chicken in the bag. Close the bag and push out any air. Mix the chicken around to fully coat each piece. Refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to start cooking, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large baking pan, toss together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, sweet potatoes, and a sprinkle of salt. Roast for 30 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add the marinated chicken tenders to the sweet potato pan, and continue to bake for 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the juices run clear.
All of us at Unisource Insurance Associates in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin would like to encourage you to try this simple recipe that the whole family will enjoy!