Steady your home after the winter weather!
Now that the spring season is almost upon us in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, it brings the perfect opportunity to prepare your home for April showers, melting snow, and warmer temperatures!
Take advantage of the moderate temperatures to get a head start on what should be an annual spring home maintenance routine!
- Check your roof for any damaged or missing shingles
- Clear your gutters of any debris and leaves
- Clean attic vents and exhaust ducts
- Caulk windows and doors to seal any cracks
- Tune your furnace, boiler, and water heater after their winter wear
- Hire a professional to sweep and inspect the chimney
- Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries if needed!
- Store ice melt and snow shovels (you never know in Wisconsin!)
- Head into your attic to search for signs that indicate insects and critters have colonized
- If you stored your lawn furniture for winter, bring it outdoors and give it a hose rinse!
- Review your homeowners insurance
As home insurance is designed to cover the expenses of rebuilding and repair of a home after a disaster, fire, or loss, reviewing your coverage after the winter hits is a smart move.
Ensure that your homeowners insurance policy protects against all risks that Wauwatosa, Wisconsin may face throughout the year! Contact Unisource Insurance Associates to secure your home policy today!