Bourbon, brown sugar and maple syrup – this is the stuff that makes homemade BBQ sauce great. Doesn’t your mouth start to water just thinking about it? Everyone knows that an award winning BBQ begins with the sauce. A great way to impress your friends and family is with a tasty homemade BBQ recipe.
Here is a very easy recipe for homemade BBQ sauce to make at your next outing.
Bourbon, Brown Sugar And Maple Syrup BBQ Sauce
Makes approximately two cups
- one cup of fresh diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of finely diced onions
- 2 cloves of finely diced garlic (you can use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of bourbon
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of liquid smoke (smoke flavor of your choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
Take the diced tomatoes, onions and garlic and put them into a blender then blend slightly. Now add all of the ingredients to a cooking pot and bring them to a slow boil using medium heat while stirring occasionally. Then reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce is reduced down to two cups – make sure you stir often. This usually takes about ten minutes or so. Cover and chill until you’re ready to use.
This delicious recipe is sure to be a hit at your next BBQ. Your friends and family will beg you to make it again and again!
If you would like a free insurance quote or an insurance coverage comparison, please contact Unisource Insurance Associates in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. We have a team of highly qualified insurance professionals averaging 20+ years of experience ready and waiting to help you with all your insurance needs.