Switch safety gears and review your auto insurance for fall.
The fall season is upon us, and we’re welcoming in changing leaves, cooler nights, and the festive season. While we’re enjoying the colors of autumn, motorists face a new set of challenges while driving on the roads. From fallen leaves to inclement weather, drivers should prepare for fall driving dangers.
The fall leaves create quite a picturesque landscape – but a hazardous driving one! Here are just a few of the hazards that you may experience in the autumn:
- The autumn leaves and drizzling rain create a slippery surface on the road. Take care when you’re driving in areas with lots of bare trees and always slow down if you come to debris in the middle of the road.
- When it rains, the oil on the roads creates a slick surface. Be sure to leave enough space between you and the driver in front as your stopping distance may increase.
- Autumn is the time when we change our clocks, which means that you may lose visibility on the roads. Turn on your lights at dusk and dawn.
- Ice is especially prevalent during October and November. You may need to equip your vehicle with snow tires. Additionally, beware of black ice on the road by taking wet roads slowly.
- Fall is deer mating season, so the likelihood of you meeting a deer increases now. Slow down during dusk and dawn, when the deer are most active, and always drive slowly on country roads.
- Before you head out on that autumn driving trip, give your car some TLC to properly prepare it for the season and roads ahead.
Fortunately, when you’re involved in a disaster, your auto insurance can step in to help cover the finances. Now is the time to review your coverage to make sure that you’re protected for the season ahead!
To get the right car insurance for autumn and beyond, contact the professionals at Unisource Insurance Associates, serving Milwaukee and neighboring cities of Wisconsin.