Open Enrollment is coming up – are you prepared?
If you don’t already rely on Medicare for your health care needs, you should know the basics before you sign up for coverage. Open Enrollment begins on October 15 to December 7, every year.
Fall Open Enrollment is the time of year when you change or sign up for Medicare coverage. You can do this by joining a new Medicare Advantage Plan or by joining a new stand-alone plan. Additionally, you can switch to Original Medicare with or without a stand-alone plan from Medicare Advantage Plan during this time.
If you have yet to know the basics (and essentials), check out the six things to know about Open Enrollment.
Fall Open Enrollment occurs from October 15 to December 7 of every year.
- If you enroll in a plan during Open Enrollment, your coverage will start on January 1st.
- In most cases, this is the only time you can pick a new Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D plan.
- If you have Medicare Advantage, you can also switch to Original Medicare.
Review your current Medicare health and drug coverage.
- If you’re unsatisfied with your original Medicare coverage, you can make changes to your coverage during Fall Open Enrollment. The changes will take effect January 1st of the following year.
- Even if you’re happy with your current Medicare coverage, take action and look at other Medicare options in your area that may suit your individual needs in the upcoming year.
- If you have a Medicare Advantage Plan or a stand-alone Part D plan, you should receive an Annual Notice of Change and/or Evidence of Coverage from your plan.
Here at Unisource Insurance Associates, we strive to provide Medicare solutions insurance that meets your needs and budget. Our agents represent multiple carriers and can pair you to the coverage that you need to protect yourself and those you love. It’s never too early to get prepared for applying for coverage! Get started by contacting us today in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Madison, and the greater Wisconsin metropolitan area.