Cruise the open summer roads, better protected.
Now that spring has sprung in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, many bikers are bringing their motorcycle out from a winter’s hibernation.
Before you hop on and cruise the open roads, take a moment to de-winterize your bike! Even if you stored your motorcycle away over the winter, you’ll want to check out this checklist before you take to the roads!
- Dust off your bike!
- Look over the fuel system – Replace the fuel filter and examine the fuel tank, fuel lines, and fitting for cracks and leaks.
- Charge the battery – If you kept your battery trickle charged or hooked up to a tender, it’s probably in good shape. If not, you’ll need to charge it.
- Check the tyres – Look over the tyres for cracks, bulges, punctures, stress marks or flat spots. Refill the wheels with the correct air pressure, too!
- Hit the brakes – Check and fill the brake fluid level and replace if it is dirty.
- Inspect the frame, suspension, and steering – If your bike has been stored in one spot all winter, it should be fine, but check the condition of every nut and fastener!
- Update your insurance policy – Double-check that your insurance policy is up to date and optimum for your needs and budget. If you’ve added any custom parts or equipment, you’ll want to be sure they’re covered!
- Hit the road – Let the bike idle for a few minutes to get its fluids circulating. Check to see whether it idles smoothly and at the correct RPM after reaching normal operating temperature.
Now you’re ready to enjoy your ride! Ease the process of getting a tailored motorcycle insurance policy for your bike by contacting Unisource Insurance Associates directly. We provide quality coverage in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin for each bike owner!