Celebrate Cinco de Mayo in style with this loaded guacamole dip.
Cinco de Mayo is right around the corner, and you know what that means! While this holiday’s actual meaning can be lost in an abundance of margaritas, this Mexican day is one to remember and celebrate.
Cinco de Mayo celebrates the victory of Mexican troops over the invading French army at the Battle of Puebla southeast of Mexico City on May 5, 1862. Because the Mexican soldiers were badly outnumbered and outgunned, the unexpected triumph was a watershed in forging the country’s national identity. Mexico had trouble paying back war debts to European countries, and France had come to Mexico to collect that debt.
To celebrate this day, it’s only right to indulge in some good Mexican food. Whether you’re hosting or need a dish to take to a party, check out this delicious, loaded guacamole recipe!
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 cup red onions, finely chopped
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Halve, deseed and scoop out avocado flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Combine with red onions, tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, red bell pepper, cucumber, lime juice and salt.
- Mash until combined. Delicious served with chips and fresh vegetables!
This recipe will allow you to make the most of Cinco de Mayo! Be sure to visit us at Unisource Insurance Associates for all of your insurance needs in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.