Having fun in your backyard is one of the best ways to enjoy your home. While there are many activities to do, there is also many potential safety hazards. To make sure that you and your family stay safe while enjoying your backyard, keep these simple safety tips in mind.
- Place the grill in an open, well-ventilated area, away from any decks, buildings, or low hanging trees that could easily catch fire.
- Never use a grill inside, including in a tent or vehicle. Grills omit dangerous carbon monoxide fumes that can cause sickness, or even death.
- Do not allow children or pets to play around the grill. Create a safety area with cones or chalk that your children are not allow to enter when the grill is on.
- Only allow one person to jump on the trampoline at a time to cut down on the dangers.
- Always supervise children when they are playing on the trampoline.
- Make sure that the trampoline is securely anchored to the ground. Also, cover the ground with soft materials, such as wood chips.
- Take away the ladder whenever the trampoline is not in use to prevent children from jumping on the trampoline when there is no supervision.
- Make sure that the fire pit is in a safe spot far enough away from your house, or any other buildings.
- Always make sure that the fire is completely extinguished before leaving the area. Use sand or water to ensure that the fire is out completely.
- Make sure the coals are completely cool before throwing them away. Always throw the coals away in a metal container, never a plastic container.
For all of your homeowners insurance needs to ensure that you are covered from any backyard accident, contact the insurance professionals at Unisource Insurance Association in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. We can provide you with the most comprehensive coverage, all at the right price to fit any budget.